Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
Invention Navigator Knowledge Network
- What are active folders ?
- What is the Knowledge Network used for ?
- Who administrates the Knowledge Network?
- Can I evaluate patents when I am using the Knowledge Network ?
- Can I transfer search results to the Knowledge Network ?
- How does the Knowledge Network update data?
- How can I set up the Knowledge Network?
- Where are my comments, evaluations and attachments stored ?
Patent Search and Database Search4IP
- What is the data basis for the search?
- Will I find patents from China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Brasil and are machine translations available?
- Is it possible to use simultaneous right, left and middle truncation and proximity operators?
- What is the SIP-Standard for applicant names and how does it improve my searches and alerts when searching for competitor names?
- Which classifications can be searched?
- Are there any limitations in the full text search (e.g. nested searches, number of search terms)?
- What kind of analyses are available in the Invention Navigator?
- Can I export patents and create search reports?
- How can I manage searches, result lists, etc.?
Frequently Asked Questions: Company-wide Solutions
- Are there any one-off costs for using the Invention Navigator as a company-wide solution?
- What are the technical requirements?
- Where is confidential data stored?
- What is the advantage of the Invention Navigator Knowledge Network solution in comparison to an in-house database?
- Who delivers the patent data for a company-wide solution?
- If I am using the Invention Navigator Knowledge Network solution as a monitoring solution, can I also use it for search?
- Is it possible to carry out legal status and family monitoring?
- What is the Knowledge Network used for?
- Is the solution available in different languages?
- Are updates available for the company-wide solutions and how are they performed?
- What is the cost of a company-wide Invention Navigator solution?
Invention Navigator Versions
- What is the difference between the Invention Navigator version and the Invention Navigator Plus version?
- Which versions can be used in the Knowledge Network?
- What are the differences between the Invention Navigator versions?
- Which Invention Navigator version is suitable for my needs?
- Will I have to purchase the Invention Navigator software if I want to carry out searches?
- What are the differences between the Invention Navigator R&D and the other Invention Navigator versions?
- Do I require specific rights in order to install the Invention Navigator?